Rogelia is one of the entrepreneurs in the Women’s Empowerment Project (WEP). Believe it or not, she and the other participants will be graduating this year! Before time gets away from us, we’d like to tell you more about her so you can appreciate her and her efforts just like all of us on the Programa Velasco team.
You can read more about Lilian here.
Teaching: not a science but a vocation Gabriela Mistral said, if you can’t love, don’t teach. An example of a teacher who demonstrated this love is Palestinian Hanan Al Hroub. She was selected out of 8,000 candidates to receive the 2016 Global Teacher Prize. Hroub’s mission as an educator of children living in the midst of endemic violence is, day in and day out, to build an environment of peace, harmony, and security within those tiny walls of her classroom by means of the methodology of learning through play.
- Geoffrey’s reflection about his visit to El Salvador September 19, 2019
- The Board in El Salvador: Jenn’s reflection about her visit September 18, 2019
- Children protecting the planet! April 25, 2019
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Travelling to El Salvador March 28, 2019
- A fresh start to the Women’s Empowerment Project! March 20, 2019