We are so grateful for Erica, her companionship, committment, and joy that she has shared with Programa Velasco and ANADES over the last two years. Programa Velasco is a more professional and sustainable organization due to Erica’s project implementation and management skills, innovative ideas, and generous spirit.
Each month, the child development center hosts a parent meeting or Escuela Familiar to discuss a variety of topics related to early childhood education, family development, and social-emotional learning. During this month’s particular meeting, the purpose was related but with a twist – a cleaning session of a forested area adjacent to the playground and the center.
On July 16th, the children came to school with sneakers and name tags on and with a water bottle and snack placed in their backpacks, ready for the field trip to the zoo. They had been spending the last several weeks learning about a variety of wild animals, and now they were going to have a chance to see those animals in person!
- Geoffrey’s reflection about his visit to El Salvador September 19, 2019
- The Board in El Salvador: Jenn’s reflection about her visit September 18, 2019
- Children protecting the planet! April 25, 2019
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Travelling to El Salvador March 28, 2019
- A fresh start to the Women’s Empowerment Project! March 20, 2019