We are so grateful for Erica, her companionship, committment, and joy that she has shared with Programa Velasco and ANADES over the last two years. Programa Velasco is a more professional and sustainable organization due to Erica’s project implementation and management skills, innovative ideas, and generous spirit.
Each month, the child development center hosts a parent meeting or Escuela Familiar to discuss a variety of topics related to early childhood education, family development, and social-emotional learning. During this month’s particular meeting, the purpose was related but with a twist – a cleaning session of a forested area adjacent to the playground and the center.
On July 16th, the children came to school with sneakers and name tags on and with a water bottle and snack placed in their backpacks, ready for the field trip to the zoo. They had been spending the last several weeks learning about a variety of wild animals, and now they were going to have a chance to see those animals in person!
- PV challenges: “Women can’t make decisions about money” March 23, 2021
- PV Challenges: “Woman, you look prettier with your mouth shut” March 16, 2021
- PV Challenges: “Decisions are made by the man of the house. Women must keep their opinions to themselves” March 8, 2021
- PV challenges: “Women should stay home cleaning and taking care of their children” March 2, 2021
- Updates on the COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund October 14, 2020